Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Scrapbooking old photos

While I am a huge fan of scrapbooking old photos, I don't have any of my own to do so I occasionally help out my friend, Anita, who has bunches of old photos.  She has about six or seven generations of her family in photos and I just love when she lets me scrapbook some of them. 

Here's a layout I did using an antiquing method.  I matted the picture and created the journal box from Core'dinations paper so I could sand it, rip it and give it that antique look.  I then used my Tim Holtz distress ink to put a little brown on the edges.  Fortunately, I was able to find a Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist that matched the matte paper, so I made a few of my own flowers using the Petaloo Color Me Crazy plain flowers.  The final touches came from the Dazzles Vintage Treasures Collection by Hot Off The Press.  I just love the borders and shapes they offer and they are super easy to work with! 



No comments:

Post a Comment