Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My husband and I will be married 20 years in April, so it just seemed fitting that I make this year's Valentine's Day unforgettable.  I decided that I would surprise him with a short vacation for just the two of us.  He would have no idea where we were going or what we were going to do. 

I decided that a trip to Nashville would be great surprise since two of our favorite comedians were performing at the Grand Ole Opry and, although we've driven through Nashville, we've never stayed and explored.


So that my husband didn't feel completely clueless, I made him a scrapbook with a page for each of the events that I had planned.  This layout features the two pages where we are traveling between our first destination (Carbondale) and our final destination (Nashville).  The collection is from Cosmo Cricket (Joy Ride) and features several double-sided papers, chipboard, stickers and other coordinating embellishments.  I chose it because of its travel theme and fun, crazy colors.

We ended up having a great time.  Nashville was a great destination and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!  As I "finish" his scrapbook of our trip, I'll be sure to share more layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment